ecoGROW January 2010
AquaPonics -The full food
circle of blended technologies
||The total nutrition and growth circuit
- Hydroponic horticulture produces offcut and
residual vegetable leaves and stems.
- The leaves form the feed for the vermiculture
- The organic vegetable-fed worms give worm casts
and liquid plant supplement that prevents disease.
- Worms are fed to the carnivorous fish species in
the aquaculture section
- Diatoms from the horticulture aqua-troughs are
fed to herbivorous fish species, along with organic vegetation.
- Fish manure-laden water, enhanced with oxygen and
mixed with worm tea is filtered and used to
float the hydroponic plant trays in the hydroponic section
- The enhanced trough water, diffused with the
injected oxygen , flows through the
system, feeding the plants with 17 nutrients for complete
- Fish offal is utilized to feed shrimp and in the
aerobic lquid plant nutri-stimulant production facility.